Wednesday, September 10, 2008

MAISON AKIRA

We were at Maison Akira about a month ago, and it was a really cute restaurant --mirrors every where to make the restaurant bigger. If you come here, you really need to get the prix fixe meal --financially it makes sense because the entrees are so expensive. They offer two prix fix meals; I opted for the $55 --the cheaper one.

Amuse: I forgot what it was, but have no bad memory of it...no memories is better than bad memories.

2nd: Seared tuna with white peach and beef fat: odd with the fat...but surprisingly tasty with the tuna

3rd: Mushroom soup was delicious! I was allergic to the options they had so they offer me their soup of the day.

Entree: Sea Bass: I ordered it because everyone raved about it. It's decent, but no wow factor. I won't order it again the next time around.

Dessert: Baked Alaska: Awesome presentation --they lit the dessert on fire! B really enjoyed it. I didn't like the liquor that came with it.

I'll have to try their brunch, which reading Juma's review sounds amazing!

Address: 713 E Green St Pasadena, CA 91101
Phone#: (626) 796-9501
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails