Tuesday, September 23, 2008

LOMBARDI'S PIZZA

Lombardi's was our 4th stop. It's overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, but not as great as I expected it to be since Lombardi's the 1st licensed pizzeria joint .

We got there around 6pm, so there was no wait, and ordered 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 mushroom: DSC04187

and the close up:
DSC04186
DSC04195

As you can see, they were very serious at making it a half pizza --leaving 1" of just cheese in between....the sauce is like puree --not paste and not sweet.

The waitress was generous on the wine:
DSC04180

I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where they filled my glass to almost the rim. Once I tasted the pinot grigio, I realized why they fill it up to the rim --they want to get rid of their sh*tty wine. I took a couple sips and I was done with it.

In a nutshell, I'll pass on Lombardi's and have more pizza at Pizza Gruppo or at Di Fara.

Address: 32 Spring St New York, NY 10012
Phone#: (212) 941-7994
Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails