Tuesday, September 9, 2008

HARA SUSHI & ROLL CAFE

Hara Sushi & Roll Cafe (HSRC) is an organic sushi restaurant. They offer brown rice and "use rice bran oil for any deep fried rolls." I have to say Sushi & Kushi IMAI lunch prices are better and offer more, but then again, SRCH is offering organic food so their cost is higher...I guess (it's not cheap shopping at Whole Foods). At HSRC you get one roll + a salad for $10/11 and at SKI you get 2 rolls, salad, vegetables, rice, miso, and fruit for $10. Oh, their chicken and eggs are range free.

Let's move on to the more important part, what I ate...
Whenever I'm at new sushi restaurant, I like to order my usual, spicy tuna roll and eel avocado roll so it's easier for me to tell which sushi restaurants are good (for me) and occasionally, I'll have a mackerel, albacore, salmon sushi. But the rolls were a bit pricy at SRCH....so I just had the Crispy Spicy Tuna Roll $6.95 and Eel Avocado Roll $6.95 ( I don't think I paid $7 at Nobu... but then again, I have to remind myself it's "organic"). This is the first sushi place where I went WOW with the rice. Their rice is sooo silky! Maybe it's all that organic shit? I'll definitely have their eel avocado roll again. Now the Crispy Spicy Tuna roll...it's not what I expected:


and the upclose photo:


Sorry, just had my treo camera (all my crappy looking photos, it's my treo)...Yeah...if you're like me, you would be asking yourself what the hell are all those small balls? The waitress told me they are small sesame cracker balls and that's what make the roll "crispy." They should really rename the roll to snowball tuna roll because when I ordered the roll, I was thinking of Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya's crispy rice w/ spicy tuna where it's fried or Sushi & Kushi IMAI's spicy crunchy tuna roll where it's with tempura flakes. The chef was nice and voluntarily took it off my bill (I gave them a generous tip).
I ended my meal with their Matcha soymilk shake (natural green tea ice cream & organic soy milk), which was not bad but it didn't really have that milkshake texture.
Overall, if you're health freak, come to SRCH! It's good to support all those new "organic" restaurants.
p.s. no alcohol but they have a small outdoor patio

Update 10/27/08:
I ordred the mushroom salad with the combo to-go. It's pretty good, I love mushrooms!

Address: 480 S San Vicente BlvdLos Angeles, CA 90048

Phone: (323) 782-0547

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails