Tuesday, September 9, 2008

CARNITAS MICHOACAN

We checked out this place last night since we were in Lincoln Heights, and I was surprised that they had a flat TV screen there! Lincoln Heights is Ghettoville. The tables were dirty so we took it to-go.

We ate...4 pollos soft tacos + 1 el pastor soft tacos + 1 carna asada soft tacos + super nachos ($6.99) + 1 horchata = $17

The super nachos were like college style nachos or midwest nachos --seriously. Dr J. is right, they use cheese whiz, but it was ok for us gringo/as. I had a problem with the onions that came with it as I wasn't expecting it be marinated...yeah, the sourness did not gel with the cheese and meat, so I had to chuck them out. The carna asada was a bit dry (still craving King Tacos or Leo's Taco Truck). The pollo is not grilled --it's the shreded kind (not for me!). The el pastor was the best out of the 3. The horchata was ok.

I would only come here again if it's after 10pm, and if I have no cash.

Address: 1901 N BroadwayLos Angeles, CA 90031
Phone#: (323) 224-9044
Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails