Friday, January 30, 2009

GORDON RAMSEY

ALAS, I can give a 5-star to one of the restaurants participating in Dine LA week! My overall experience at Gordon Ramsey was amazing! I convinced some colleagues that we needed to have lunch at GR. Izzy, an older Brit dame, was glowing and hoping to meet her crush, GR. I've worked with her for over 2 years and I've never seen her happy...and off we go hunting for the dashing Brit and good food! The GR is situated in the left, back part of the glamorous London Hotel where men should wear smoking velvet jackets (don't forget the scarves) and ladies should wear silk halter dresses. It's a swanky joint. I couldn't resist taking a photo of the bar...
DSC05711
We were seated immediately at a table with a beautiful view of the smoggy LA. Unfortunately GR was not there...Izzy was disappointed but then the food came and she brightened up again. We started off with the Rabbit and Smoked Bacon Ballottine,
DSC05702
the Confit Beet Salad,

DSC05703
and the Wild Mushroom Veloute. DSC05704
I didn't dare try the poor Bugs Bunny dish...but Mr. D. seemed to enjoy it. The Beet Salad was delicious! The Wild Mushroom Veloute was even better! I love the presentation -the way the waiters bring out the food and the food display -it's all about the details! For entrees, Jewels and I split the Crispy Pave of Sea Trout

DSC05705
the Braised Ox Cheek.
DSC05707
It was my 1st time having Ox Cheek, and it was very tender, slightly foreign...but good. I didn't have any trouble chewing the Ox Cheek...well, I didn't need to chew because it just kinda melted in my mouth... Izzy the Brit said the Ox Cheek is an Old English traditional dish that's rarely on the menu cuz it's so damn hard to make. She said that GR's Braised Ox Cheek was flawless. As one of the Yelpers mentioned, the Sea Trout tasted like Salmon; nonetheless, it was perfectly cooked. I didn't care for the cabbage though.
We barely had room for desserts. Jewels and I split the Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake
DSC05709
and the Valrhona Chocolate Fondant
DSC05708
DSC05710
My first response to the Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake was, "WOWZER!" If you need to wake up, that dessert is for you. It's sooo sour and sweet! I let Jewels finished that dessert while I devoured the oh-so-heavenly-better-than-sex Valrhona Chocolate Fondant; it beats Comme Ca's Brioche Chocolate Pudding by a nose.

The maitre de was very nice, and the service was IMPECCABLE (changing the silverware, removing every bread crumbs, etc). I have to try the burrata mozzarella dish the next time around...and I wonder if the 3-course lunch special is still going on...hmmm....to be continued... :D

Addres: The London Hotel 1020 N San Vicente Blvd West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone#: (310) 358-7788
Rating: 5 out of 5
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails