Thursday, January 29, 2009

SUSHI IKE

If you don't feel like trekking to Hama or Komasa in Little Tokyo, Sushi Ike is a good alternative. It's a tiny sushi restaurant in a strip mall offering fresh sushi. If you like fancy rolls with heavy sauce to cover the unfreshness, don't come here.

I was craving sushi and decided to check Sushi Ike out. If you can't find parking in the lot, try Carlos Ave. (north of Hollywood Blvd.). The joint was packed. I lucked out snagging the one seater at the bar. It's fascinating to see the chefs at work -they're super fast! And if you stare at them too long, they get worry and think there's something wrong. The chefs are adorable!

I had the spicy tuna hand roll, eel avocado cut roll, albacore sushi, and Spanish mackerel sushi, and they were all great. I had some trouble ordering the eel avocado. Like the way the chef makes his sushi/rolls, he also talks really fast with a soft voice. He'll repeat my order out loud, and I have no clue what's he saying, so I'll just nod my head for fear of offending him. He didn't bite my head off when I corrected my order like some other chefs...

The total came out to $30 total (including tip). It's pricier than Hama and Komosa. I'm going to try the $50 Omakase when I get my 2008 CA tax refund back, which might be never...so I guess I'll have to wait when the federal refund comes back....must save money for LA restaurant week...

Address: 6051 Hollywood Blvd Ste 105 Los Angeles, CA 90028
Phone#: (323) 856-9972
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails