Monday, January 19, 2009

GLITRETIND

When people come to Park City for Sundance, they usual research on the films or parties, but I prefer to study up on the restaurants and Glitretind was #2 on my list. The restaurant is in the very expensive Stein Eriksen Lodge (lots of celebrities stay here for Sundance because it's away from Main Street), which means..the bill will make a nice dent on your plastic.

After a 7 day cleanse, I opted for the $34 lunch buffet; it was cheap compared to my friend's $22 Chicken Pot Pie that was boring (Swanson's Chicken Pot Pie tastes better)...DSC05582
See...the $34 lunch buffet made sense. Their buffet was outstanding! DSC05596
They offered (2) soups: 1) Game and 2) butternut squash bisque.DSC05579
My colleague got the Game soup, which was too gamey for me. The butternut squash bisque was heaven! They had a nice selection of pastas, salads, cheese etc: I discovered a new cheese I love: New Amsterdam! They also had a seafood section, which I avoided (allergies). The special of the day was make your own Mahi Mahi tacos. I got the Ancho chili rubbed strip loin instead and it was delicious!! I should have skipped the Grilled Swordfish. The Yukon Gold Potato Puree was to die for!

My plate #1:
DSC05584
My plate #2:
DSC05578
Oh, we also ordered the $11.00 Garlic "Fries," which were not bad but for $11, you can skip it.
DSC05580DSC05581
Back to the lunch buffet...to the best part...the desserts.
They had one long table dedicated to desserts!!!DSC05595
Errr....so I tried:

the Cheesecake (meh) & the Chocolate Banana Tart (good)
DSC05585
the Strawberry Mousse (meh)
DSC05588
the Fruit Tart (meh, had a coconut flavored crust? I don't like coconut) & the Chocolate Decadent (OMG! YES, this chocolate cake is better than sex!)
DSC05587
My colleague ordered an $18 burger; he seemed to enjoy it.
DSC05583
My double latte (very strong!) was served in a tiny, cute cup. It costs $9!! Um, yeah..Starbucks latte sounds pretty cheap....
DSC05590

The damage...10 lbs...
DSC05594
Our lunch came out to $200 for 4 people including tip. Excellent service. Valet parking is $10.

If the meal is on someone's dime...Glitretind is a must!

Address: 7700 Stein Way Park City, UT 84060
Phone#: (435) 649-3751
Rating: 5 out of 5
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails