Wednesday, January 28, 2009

STK

Like Comme Ca, STK is another restaurant that has hired a killer interior designer but not chef...when you walk in, you feel like you're in a music video: sleek furniture, alternative music playing, beautiful, young girls waiting for their dates, sipping on tap water...this restaurant is SO L.A..

One of the vendors I use for work (I'll call him Mr. K) bribed me with dinner...I took the bait. I didn't want to take advantage of his offer, so I picked an LA Dine week restaurant.

We started with STK's delicious free bread. DSC05693
Sadly this was my #3 favorite food for the night.

For appetizers, we had the Spinach Salad and Blue Iceberg Salad (not a part of LA Dine Week menu -Mr. K's a very picky eater).
DSC05694
What I like about their salads is the simplicity, and the dressing is very light, and what I hate about their salads is that they're too simple. DSC05695
They could have thrown in some tomatoes, figs, apricots...or a bone.

For the entrees, since Mr. K. was not keen on the fish, we went for the Chicken and the Filet.DSC05696
The Chicken was slightly over salted, and the Filet was good, not great though, but if I had to pick a #1 food item at STK, the filet would be it.
DSC05697

We also ordered the 3 most raved side dishes: the Mac N Cheese, Yukon Mashed Potatoes, and Creamy Corn Pudding (I think they're $9 each..?).
DSC05699
The Mac N Cheese was disappointing. I don't know what kind of cheese they use...but the flavor is not strong-- tasted very buttery... The Yukon Mashed Potato was good and helped balanced the salty Chicken, but it was no where near Glitretind's Yukon Mashed Potatos (Park City, Utah). The Creamy Corn was amazing the first 2 bites, but then it's like eating Cotton Candy where you get sick to your stomach because it's so damn sweet.

For desserts we went with the Chocolate Tart and the Ginger Cake. The Chocolate Tart was my number #2 item at STK -YUM (but no where near Comme Ca's Brioche Chocolate Pudding). DSC05700
The Ginger Cake was not bad.
DSC05701
Oh, we also ordered the "Strawberry Cobbler" drink, which was NASTY. The Martini Glass rim is no longer lined with Gingerbread crumbs (I think...), so it's just a "Strawberry" drink, and it tasted like the frozen strawberries in the white box...you know what I'm talking about--sickening sweet, like drinking Strawberry cough syrup. Gag me.

Service was excellent.

I love LA Dine Week. You get to try all these fancy, expensive restaurants and realized that you're not missing much...come here for drinks only (don't get any of their special cocktails, just the basics) if you want to look cool.

Address: 755 N La Cienega Blvd West Hollywood, CA 90046
Phone#: (310) 659-3535
Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails