Sunday, March 1, 2009

PINCHES TACOS

Mole Cow! I finally met a Chicken Mole I like!

Pinches Tacos is a popular late night joint on the Sunset Strip owned by the Anaya brothers, who also own the Original Cha Cha Cha Restaurants. Since I tend to avoid the Strip at night, I figured it best to go there for lunch. My colleague, Pinks and I trekked up the hill to Pinches last week for our own Tacos Festival. If you're lucky, you will score on parking in their tiny lot. As usual, I went crazy and ordered a bunch of tacos for us to munch on....

DSC06019
Carne Asada Soft Taco: I was disappointed with Pinches' carne asada as it was on the dry side. Pinks thought it was fine, but then again, he's not a picky eater.
DSC06015
Fish & Carne Asada Soft Tacos
DSC06020
Fish Soft Taco: The fish taco was ok, not bad, yet nothing to rave about like Sky Gourmet's tilapia and mahi's soft tacos.
Pinches Tacos

DSC06018
The Potato & Manchego Cheese & Chicken Flautas: The lady who took our order said that those two are the most popular flautas. I love the potato & manchego cheese flautas -so creamy and all the stuff you shouldn't eat. Pinks prefer the chicken, but that's because he's crazy for chicken.
DSC06016
Al Pastor & Adobada Soft Tacos
Al Pastor Soft TacosLThe Al Pastor tasted better than the Adobada.

DSC06014
Pollo Mole: Before Pinches, I had Pollo Mole twice and I hated it! Pinks wanted Pinches' Pollo Mole. I digressed. WOW! SO GOOD!

Salsa and Guacamole: The guacamole needed more lime and salt. Chips are like Sky's Gourmet Tacos.
DSC06006
Pinks wanted me to note that he was disappointed that Pinches didn't have roasted hot peppers.

They serve Fiesta's horchata -not the best, but not the worst. Will R still owes me his horchata recipe. I forgot what Pinks drank...

The damage was around $35. Service was great. I think our wait time for the food was 5 minutes -not the ridiculous 50 minutes at Sky's Gourmet Tacos.

Will be back for their Pollo Mole and Al Pastor!

Address: 8200 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90046
Phone#: (323) 650-0614
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails