Friday, March 27, 2009

KIRIKO

DSC06503
My friend Shaz’s mom Clarisse is in town from Spain. Clarisse moved to Barcelona around 2001 from Los Angeles, and one of things she misses about this great city is sushi. I can’t imagine living in a place where good sushi is not available.

While I was at Sushi-Gen, the fella sitting next to me recommended me to check out Kiriko, so I figured I’d take the opportunity to try out the sushi joint with Shaz and Clarisse. Kiriko is a cute sushi restaurant in the Olympic Collection Mall, facing Sawtelle Blvd, street level. It’s a bit confusing-- just get on Sawtelle. I made reservation and we were seated immediately. The interior is simple and the space is small and somewhat narrow, so if you’re party is more than 6 don’t come here.
DSC06504
Shaz is trying to crush the Hippo, but failed (you have watch “Kids in the Hall” to get that). There’s a cute low table in the back where you can sit on the floor in the back.
DSC06547
Shaz has stopped eating sushi for fear of all the bad stuff, so she ordered a miso soup and a mushroom salad.
DSC06511
DSC06538
Boring. Clarisse and I have no fear for all the bad stuff and ordered…
DSC06515
DSC06522
Mango & Salmon (w/out caviar): The waitress misheard me and brought it out with caviar, which is about a $10 difference. It was fixed quickly and wow, the mango and salmon melts in your mouth!
DSC06531
DSC06529
Spicy Tuna cut roll: Good but I’ve had better rice
DSC06526
Albacore sushi: Good, but I’ve had better
DSC06528
Spanish Mackerel sushi: Good, better than Sushi Gen’s
DSC06533
Eel avocado cut roll: The sauce is perfect. Delicious, The rice is what’s holding it back from being perfect.
DSC06539
Snapper sushi: WOW! SO GOOD! My favorite out of the bunch!
DSC06543
Toro sushi: Yum! My 2nd favorite sushi item.
DSC06535
Edamame: Love salty edamames!
Their dessert menu is cute:
DSC06545
We went for the green tea ice cream as we barely had room for dessert, and I’m so glad I did!
DSC06546
Kiriko has the best green tea ice cream in Los Angeles! Serious. Shaz who recently avoided dairy products couldn’t resist taking a bite out of it and loved it too. You will too.

Thanks to Clarisse for picking up the tab!

Address: 11301 W. Olympic Boulevard Suite 102 Los Angeles, CA 90064
Phone#: (310) 478-7769
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails