Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Viet Noodle Bar

Viet Noodle Bar is the Banana Republic, and its sister restaurant, Pho Café is the Gap.

I didn't realized that this joint opened back in 2007...well, I guess if they had a bigger sign I would have eaten here much sooner. I don't quite seem to have much luck with other Vietnamese restaurants besides Viet Noodle Bar and Pho Café. It's probably because they serve Northern Vietnamese food, translation= simple food. I don't care if the haters think it's not "authentic" Vietnamese; the odor isn't as pungent as other restaurants.

Viet Noodle Bar has two sides; one side has the grand communal table for people who don't mind eating with strangers and the other side has a bunch of 2 tops for people who are scared of other peeps.

Dee and I came here just before closing and had the #3 Bo Bia Chay - Fresh Veg/Tofu Spring rolls
DSC05989
and the #23 Bun Bo Xao Xa - Lemongrass Beef Noodles
DSC05993
We wondered what the missing #1 dish was...they should make #1 the Bun Cha Goi Thit Nuong (Beef Vermicelli Noodle) and there sandwiches were unavailable. The #3 was delicious! It was so good that we had to order another round. The #23 was very light. I wished it had more flavors; nonetheless, I would order it again. The noodles are not like Pho Café's Vermicelli Noodle as you can see from the photo, which is a little out of focus...

Oh, Dee had a Vietnamese coffee (strong), and I went for the Organic Mint Soy Milk - OMG, it smelled and tasted so good! I need to try their Cinnamon flavor, which was sold out.

I'll be back with a bottle of vino to try the White Fish sandwich with the Organic Cinnamon Soy Milk.

p.s. The books are just for décor. It's not a swap library.

Address: 3133 Glendale Blvd, LA CA 90036
Phone#:(323) 906-1575
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails