Tuesday, March 10, 2009

HUCKLEBERRY

I am such a sucker.
After reading about Huckleberry's Green Eggs & Ham on Chowhound, I made it my mission to head over there after my marathon training. Friend was kind enough to take me. Their parking lot is a cluster f*ck. As I hobbled to the front entrance, I realized that I wasn't the only one who was eager to try their Green Eggs & Ham or supposedly the best Fried Egg Sandwich in La La Land. Huckleberry's was packed! For the Eastsiders, Huckleberry is like Aclove -order at the counter and take a number. Your eyes will get bigger than your stomach as you wait to order:

DSC06234DSC06235
Somehow we managed to find a table after paying for our meal -you're not allowed to grab a table as you wait for your friend to order at the counter. My friend and I split the Green eggs and Ham and the Pancakes. I went for a skinny mocha, which was bitter

DSC06241
The Green Eggs and Ham finally showed and there was silence:
DSC06243
Er.....this is your Green Eggs and Ham?
DSC06244
I was crushed. I was expecting "green eggs"..... Huckleberry doesn't offer any pancakes with fruit; they keep it simple.
DSC06242
Not bad, could be fluffier.
DSC06245
Their donut is a donut.

DSC06238
Skip it.
DSC06239

Everything tasted fine; the food just didn't blow my mind. If I lived in the hood, I might come back, but since I don't, I won't -too much hype and overprice -if I'm going to be spending $20 on brunch, it better be awesome.

p.s. It gets really loud there.

Address: 1014 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone#: (310) 451-2311
Rating: 3 out of 5

Photo credit: Danny M. (top photo only)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails