Sunday, March 8, 2009

BREAD & PORRIDGE


With a name like Bread & Porridge, I am not surprise it’s a popular brunch eatery in Santa Monica. I herded eleven other hungry hippos to BP after Sunday service. Since it was a last minute decision, I speed-dial BP prior to heading out to make reservation; I’ve read that the wait period can be a nightmare. There’s ample of parking spaces on the side streets.

To our luck, a big party was wrapping up their meal. However, the staff was not pleased when our party grew from 9 to 12 as they felt that we wouldn’t be able to fit around the table…meanwhile they have huge leather couches for people who are waiting for a table…I would have swap them out for tables/chairs to maximize my profits, but then again, not everyone can be like me.

I was a happy hippo once the food arrived; my usual, eggs Benedict and blueberry pancakes. I heard that people have traveled far for their eggs Benedict; one gentleman drove from San Diego, another flew from San Francisco.

DSC06312
Well, I’m letting everyone know that they should go to Anisette Brasserie instead. BP’s eggs Benedict were almost perfect; the hollandaise sauce needed more lemon. Mama told me never to settle for less –especially when it costs $14!

DSC06313
The blueberry pancakes were ok; John O’Groats’ are better…maybe it’s because they serve the syrup warm and the blueberries are better?

If you’re in the neighborhood, Bread & Porridge is not a bad choice; just don’t go out of your way to come here.

Address: 2315 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
Phone#: (310) 453-4941
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Photo Credit: Diana A. (top photo only)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails