Friday, April 30, 2010

The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya

The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya
Farts and I took Pinks out again for lunch to Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya, Pinks is moving to SF on Saturday. Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya is the less expensive version of Katsu-ya. We went there for their lunch deals. Farts and I misheard the lunch deal and thought it was $12 for salad, five sushi pieces and a roll and figured that wouldn’t be enough so we ordered additional rolls…it turned out the lunch deal came with ten sushi pieces….

We had a…
Crispy rice w/ Spicy Tuna. Farts love this roll but it’s overrated. The rice needed to be crispier.
The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya
Tuna and crab roll—I forgot the name of the roll since I’m allergic to crab…
The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya
Eel and avocado roll. I’ve had better. The rice was mushy.
The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya
As mentioned, the sushi lunch deal came with a salad lightly dressed in a non-Japanese sweet dressing.
The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya
I was annoyed that I couldn’t substitute the sushi/roll items that I was allergic to (the California roll, hokki clam, shrimp and salmon roe) with other fish. Well I could but I had to pay extra. It was an additional $6 to change those items. This is what their lunch sushi deal looks like….
The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya

The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya
and this is what mine looked like…
The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya

The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya
This was my second time at the restaurant, and I still don’t get why Farts love Izaka-ya. Their sushi is dull , overrated, and overpriced. The lunch deal is not a bad price for those who can eat all the items. I should have doused the sushi with the wasabi and soy sauce. Come here if you’re a Katsu-ya fan but not if you want good sushi.

Address: 8420 W 3rd St, LA, CA 90048
Phone#: (323) 782-9536
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails