Saturday, May 1, 2010

Benihana

Benihana
Pinks wanted his last meal with the crew to be at Benihana. I’ve actually never been to Benihana as I always imagined it to be filled with tourists or families with screaming kids. Well, I wasn’t too far off. There was a big family with three kids next to our group and most of the other people looked like they wanted to re-live their frats or sorority days. I was surprised how dark the restaurant is…I know it’s not a good picture. My camera was drunk..
Benihana
So I guess what makes Benihana unique is that they offer traditional Teppanyaki --you sit around a grill and the chef entertains and cooks the food in front of you. I don’t know if they were understaffed that day but it took a really long time for us to order our food and for the chef to come cook for us. We waited almost a half an hour. Lunch is the way to go because it’s half the dinner price. You get a salad, fried rice, grilled vegetables and your choice of Teppanyaki entrees. The chef comes out with a tray of goodies..
Benihana
and then he performs….
Benihana

Benihana

Benihana
Everyone got all excited when he performed the “volcano” act…
Benihana
The chef got a little upset when I told him that I was allergic to shrimp because had he known, he would have made space on the grill for me so my order wouldn’t be contaminated. I was upset because it’s the waitress’ duty to ask me if I have any food allergies! Why was the chef blaming on me!? Another chef cooked my food in the kitchen.

The salad dressing was surprisingly bitter.
Benihana
The fried rice was boring.
Benihana
There was nothing special about their grilled vegetables.
Benihana
The filet mignon was aight. I've had better.
Benihana
I think Pinks picked this place just because of the food amount. Our chef was entertaining. I was impressed how he was able to flip the shrimps' tails into his hat and pocket with his knife and spatula. Well it's good to know I didn't miss out on anything. Pinks shall be missed.

Address: 8420 W 3rd St, LA, CA 90048
Phone#: (323) 782-9536
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails