Monday, April 5, 2010

Capriotti's

Capriotti's
After attending Good Shepherd Catholic Church’s Good Friday service, I was torn on what to eat for lunch. Their bulletin noted that we’re only allowed one vegetarian meal on Good Friday…er…well, that’s a first for me. I’m not Catholic; it was just the only Good Friday service that I was able to attend. I was going to go to Capriotti’s but then I figured I should eat fettuccini because I knew that would fill me up for the day, but then I was unfamiliar with 90210 and didn’t want to spend $30 on fettuccini so I stuck with my original plan and headed to Capriotti’s.

Capriotti’s is like a fancy version of Subway. They opened two delis in California last year; they started in Delaware.
Capriotti's
I ordered a Capastrami (hot pastrami, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing & cole slaw) for my colleague. I took a small bite of it and omg, it was amazing and definitely not good for the heart!
 Capriotti's
I went for the Bobbie (homemade turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mayo aka the Thanksgiving sub –figured it was appropriate…I am thankful that Jesus died for me…even though there’s meat in the sandwich...) a slightly healthier choice.
 Capriotti's
The Bobbie is overrated but that could be because I ate the Capastrami beforehand. Crap, I just noticed that they have fake turkey sandwiches….I sometime glaze over vegetarian items on a menu…

Capriotti’s portion is gi-normous! I ordered a small for $7. Small is 9 inches long! What a bargain! They only offer one type of bread. I saved half of my sandwich for dinner, so in some sense I partially abide lent on Good Fridayt; I had one meal…that was stretched out. I’ll have to try their cheese steak sandwich next time around.

Address: 9683 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone#: (310) 858-1383
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails