Wednesday, April 21, 2010

World Fare

World Fare
I was planning on going to Red Hot Kitchen’s tasting after the Brewery Art Walk this past Saturday but then out the left corner, I spotted it, the World Fare Bus. Why drive further east when I have food in front of me?
World Fare
The World Fare Bus is relatively a new twittering food-on-wheels. They called the World Fare a “bustaurant” since it’s a Double-Decker bus, allowing customers to chillax on the 2nd level and chow…but there are no seats—you chew and stand. As you can figure out from its name, Chef Andi Van Williagan offers global cuisines, but the main attraction is their Bunny Chows, “originally a South African street worker food; a hollowed out loaf of bread with filled” with four meat options (curry chicken, Worcestershire braised short rib, braised pork butt, and meatballs) and one vegetarian (chili). The bread is not vegan. Unfortunately I only had enough cash for a short rib bunny, truffle mac and cheese balls, and strawberry basil lemonade--$10.
World Fare
The staff let me tried their special drink of the day: a lychee lemongrass mint tea (I think it was tea), and it was awful. They should substitute lemongrass for honey instead. I switched to the strawberry basil lemonade, and loved it! Basil is like ketchup; it makes everything taste better.

The truffle mac and cheese balls were disappointing. I was shocked that I paid $2.75 for three tiny balls. I lined up the balls to a plastic fork just to show you how ridiculously small they are.
World Fare
The worst part was that they were bland. Where’s the cheese? Maybe the cheese balls were to represent Ireland?
World Fare
You know that saying, “good things come in small package?” Well that’s the Short Rib Bunny Chow.
World Fare
The tender and juicy meat was jam-packed in the well-engineered soft bread topped with horseradish crème frache.
World Fare
I’ll have to come back and try their other Bunny Chows and Andi’s Black Board Specials.

For those who missed out on the Brewery Art Walk, be sure to check out Sean Sullivan’s art…
Artist: Sean Sullivan
and Roni Feldman’s art…
Artist: Roni Feldman

For those who haven’t tried World Fare yet, don’t miss out and stalk ‘em here!
Share Share

2 comments:

  1. What I like most about your reviews is the way you write and how you tell it as it is. The photos are beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My friend Banana Wonder will be moving to Portland this fall for school so I'll eventually make it up to your area and try all the amazing food you write up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails