Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tokyo Table

Tokyo Table
Last Wednesday my Bible study group decided to meet up with another group at Dave & Buster since that’s the G-rated thing to do... It was my first time being at the adult version of Chucky Cheese. The organizer wanted us to eat there since you get a $10 play card with an entrée…but their food did not looked appealing whatsoever. I wasn’t in the mood to eat that shit. A few of us decided to dine at Tokyo Table instead, which is in the same mall and close by to Dave & Buster. I’ve been meaning to go to Tokyo Table and when they shut down their Beverly Hills location, I didn’t think I would eat there. I guess there’s a good reason to go to Dave & Buster.
Tokyo Table
The restaurant is modern. The height of the booths is slightly higher than normal booths offering privacy but at the same time, it might take awhile to get service. You might have to stand up to get the waiter’s attention. The restaurant is slightly too dark for me. If I’m tired, I will easily fall asleep in dark restaurants/bars, but luckily I wasn’t because I was so preoccupied with their lengthy menu --17 pages! I focused in on their drinks first. The Aiko (strawberry & cream sakatini) was my first drink. Purdy. It’s not sickly sweet but still very sweet.
Tokyo Table
Katz had the tangerine mojito (alcohol is shochu). Meh. I prefer my mojitos with rum.
Tokyo Table
Natz’s friend had the Konatsu, which pretty much just sake.
Tokyo Table
I later switched to the Kikuka, the lychee saketini. It tasted like they just open a canned of lychee and pour the juice.
Tokyo Table
As sweet as the drinks are, you will still get a buzz. When we left the restaurant, I thought it was cheesy that they made the outside looked like an out-doorsy patio…oh wait…we were outside outside and not in the mall…cough. Rewinding to the part when we were ordering our food… Thankfully the waiter explained their menu and recommended a few dishes. He mentioned that they make tofu every 20 minutes. Wow! Natz had to order their tofu. They should spend more time making a better tofu instead of whipping out subpar tofu. It was no where close to Asanebo's tofu in Studio City.
Tokyo Table
Katz and I shared the spicy tuna on crispy rice sushi. It was ok, not to soggy or greasy.
Tokyo Table
For our entrée, we split the chicken katsu gozen. Gozen means “complete meal” so it came with miso soup, rice, cold udon, pickles, and mashed potatoes, and that was certainly a complete meal for us.
Tokyo Table
The chicken katsu was tasty. I personally think it’s really hard to mess up katsu.
Tokyo Table
Udon is udon –another easy dish to make.
Tokyo Table
Drinks were better than food but then again, it might be my fault since I ordered the “whitest” food; Katz is Caucasian. I have to try their sushi pizza and honey toast dessert next time, and I’ll be sure to come after 9:30pm—that’s when their happy hours start, ‘til closing. Drinks are $3 and selected dishes half off. If only I lived closer to Tokyo Table…

Address: 400 S Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007
Phone#: (626) 445-4000
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails