Monday, April 6, 2009

YU-N-MI

“You and me need to go to Yu-N-Mi”

I told Clarisse that today --the day she departs La La Land to her home, the Land of the Bulls. It took me forever to figure out how to spell the restaurant. I recalled a colleague loving the restaurant, and I searched endlessly until I gave up and straight up ask how the hell you spell the restaurant’s name.

Yu-N-Mi is located in the oh-so-glamorous 90201 and more importantly, it’s on the same street as Sprinkles and Crumbs (pick your choice, mine is Sprinkles). I had made reservation earlier, and we were seated immediately. The interior is very simple because it's ALL about their sushi.
img031
As usual , I proceeded to order for Clarisse and I –I love ordering for everyone. We had the toro sushi, albacore sushi, snapper sushi, mackerel sushi, hamachi sushi, salmon sushi, spicy tuna on sticky rice, eel & avocado cut roll, and Clarisse ordered blue crabs on tortilla chips; Hippo is allergic to crustacean.
img043
Sharon went for their seaweed salad and surprised us by ordering halibut sushi! Gasp. She’s on an "organic" kick and has been lecturing us how bad the fish is…she couldn’t even resist.

Yu-N-Mi’s sushi are amazing! They literally melt in your mouth. I honestly don’t have a favorite because they were all so delicious. It’s ashamed that I didn’t have my regular camera because you will be able to see how beautiful the fish are. My cell phone pics will have to do...
img047
Salmon Sushi
image
Sharon's view: Hamachi, Albacore, Snapper and Toro.
img037
My view: Snapper, Toro, Hamachi and Albacore
img036
Halibut and Mackerel Sushi.
img040
Spicy Tuna on Sticky Rice
img032
Seaweed Salad
img044
Eel & Avocado Roll

You will pay a hefty price for the sushi but it's no where near Asanebo's and certainly worth it! I spent around $85 not including tip.

You and me need to go to Yu-N-Mi!

Address: 9475 Santa Monica Blvd Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone#: (310) 273-7437
Rating: 5 out of 5


















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails