Wednesday, April 22, 2009

CASSELL'S HAMBURGERS

DSC06772
I've always been curious about Cassell's Hamburgers on 6th Street in the heart of Koreatown as I drive by it every day on my way to work, and it just sticks out next to all the Korean restaurants. I read that Cassell's Hamburgers has been serving USDA prime burgers since 1948 on website--1930s on another site, and it was raved one of the top 10 burgers in Los Angeles, but apparently those years have been long gone, and I wished I was able to taste what everyone was talking about.

Finally had time to come here on a Saturday afternoon and ordered a 1/3 lb burger & fries to go.
DSC06773
They close at 4pm on the weekdays and are closed on Sundays. The interior is simple, and the burger/sandwich prices range from $5-7. Their burger was massive, stuffed with lettuce and tomatoes, and it was quite BLAND. I guess when they switched owners in the 90s, the flavor went as well...There's nothing special about their fries. Oh swell, I can check Cassell's off my list.


Address: 3266 W 6th St Los Angeles, CA 90020
Phone#: (213) 387-5502
Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails