Sunday, April 26, 2009

WURSTKUCHE RESTAURANT

DSC07153
Wurstkuche is best when you go with a group, so you can try more than one exotic sausage, because it ain’t cheap! I went alone; I just couldn’t wait and wanted to pop my Wurstkuche cherry. Geez…it sounds like worst kooch…hmph. Moving on…came here before heading to the Brewery Art Walk last week. I have been fascinated with their menu since day 1. Alligator & Hickory Smoked Pork Andouille Sausage? Rattlesnake & Rabbit w/ Jalapeno? Filipino Marharlica?
DSC07154
Now I must admit that I am not a daring eater; I went for the Buffalo, Beef & Pork w/ Chipotle sausage.
DSC07156
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed because it tasted like a Trader Joe’s sausage not that it’s a bad thing, but I paid $7.75 for one sausage when in fact I could have had 10 Trader Joe’s.
DSC07160
I also ordered the talked-about-Belgium fries with white truffle oil and their Sweet & Sassy BBQ and Pesto Aioli sauces. The Belgium fries were not bad, but don’t spend an additional $0.75 for white truffle oil; get more sauce. I love their sauces. I wished I could try every one of them; one day I will.
DSC07157
Wurstkuche is also known for their great beer list…I’m just not a fan of piss water. They do have an interesting non-alcoholic list. I went for Mr. Q Cumber –my first cucumber soda.
DSC07155
It was de-li-cious! I just wasn’t expecting it to cost $3.50. Overall, I spent around $16. Yes…and that’s why you shouldn’t come here alone.

The interior is simple. You order at the counter and take a number. Walk down the narrow hallway to a spacious eating area or you can eat outside. Despite the hefty price for a sausage, I’ll be back, but with other hippos!

Address: 800 E 3rd St Los Angeles, CA 90013
Phone#: (213) 687-4444
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails