Wednesday, April 15, 2009

NEOMEZE

DSC06965
Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays…it was a weekend full of birthdays, well, actually just two.
My colleague’s wife, Anya celebrated her birthday at Neomeze in Pasadena. I read on-line that restaurant.com offers a coupon, but I had trouble finding it…days after her party, I was informed that you should search 91101 within a 5-mile radius...argh.

I was happy that the small fire pits, flaming away, were enough to keep us warm outside. They have a good drink list and offer food to soak in the alcohol. I started off with the lychee martini, which was missing a lychee…but tasted like it.
DSC06933
For food, I went with their Little Burgers (3 burgers with gruyere cheese, caramelized onion, bacon, aioli, and arugula $12) and fries ($5). There was nothing special with their little burgers, but it’s best to have food in your stomach when you’re drinking…
DSC06938
The fries were good.
DSC06935
I switched to a Summer Sky (Sky, cucumber, strawberries, lemon juice) martini. It could use more cucumber and less lemon.
DSC06940
The drinks are $12 a pop, so watch out…

Everyone had a good time. You can smoke outside. I am surprised that Pasadena hasn’t become like 90201, where smoking is prohibitive outdoors. I stayed until the birthday cupcake came out, which are not from Neomeze.
DSC06946
I have no clue where they’re from and it’s not worth noting, but I just wanted to post up the pictures because it’s a great idea to do with Milk’s red poppers.
DSC06948
I left right before midnight, and Neomeze was packed. I guess it’s the happening joint in Pasadena? People were dancing inside, outside, whereever they want.

Happy Birthday Anya!


Address: 20 E Colorado Blvd, Suite 102 Pasadena, CA 91105
Phone#:(626) 793-3010
Rating: 3 ot of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails