Monday, April 20, 2009

SO HYANG KOREAN RESTAURANT

DSC07183
It’s rare for me to grab a bite at a restaurant that’s more than a 20 minute drive from work, so when I had the opportunity last week, I went to So Hyang Korean Restaurant (SHKR) in K-town. I picked SHKR because it’s an expensive Korean restaurant, but their lunch specials are reasonably priced for the amount of food you get.

SHKR is located in the Equitable Building. They offer free parking with validation. It’s a bit of maze if you park in the lot. You need to take the elevator to the first floor and SHKR is on the other side. The restaurant is modern when comparing to the other Korean restaurants in K-town.
DSC07172
I went for the Kalbi special for $13. I had no idea what it came with and didn’t bother to ask, as I was just so happy having lunch in K-town.
DSC07173
To my surprise, they gave steamed egg, cold soup, marinated dry squid,
DSC07175
kimche, mushrooms, spinach, and bamboo as their banchan, and ON TOP of that, the Kalbi came in a bento box with rice, jap chae, potato salad, seafood salad and hot soup!
DSC07178
WOW! There’s so much food! I loved the mushrooms.
DSC07174
I avoided the carbs.
DSC07177
The kalbi was flavorful but VERY FATTY. I chewed on one piece for five minutes before chucking it out. The meal ended with my favorite dish, not fruit, but the Korean sweet rice drink aka Korean horchata.
DSC07182
Come here for lunch and if you’re starving….
DSC07180
Address: 3435 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 123, Los Angeles, CA 90010
Phone#: (213) 385-5600
Rating: 3 out of 5
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails