Friday, March 26, 2010

Domaine Carneros

Domaine Carneros
I’ve always thought it would be boring wine tasting with someone who doesn’t have a high tolerance for alcohol but I realized that just meant more wine for me! Plus, Nat who joined me gets ill when drinking wine with sulfite…which is every wine at the tasting…and pretty much she can only take a swig and then spit into a container... that's just criminal for me. At the end I drank her container. I’m just kidding!
Domaine Carneros
Domaine Carneros was our next winery. It’s a three-minute drive from Artesa. The Domaine Carneros reminded me of the Overlook Hotel from THE SHINING. I was expecting the wine to turn into real blood but it did not. Once you reached to the top, grab a table and a waiter will serve your blood, I meant wine. Unlike Artesa that gave you a variety of wines, Domaine Carneros’ tasting is grouped by colors and whether or not they were sparkling. We opted for the red wines--3 tastings for $15.
Domaine Carneros
2007 Domaine Carneros Pinot Noir, Avant Garde
2006 Domaine Carneros Merlot, Avant Garde
2007 Domaine Carneros, Pinot Noir
Domaine Carneros
Domaine Carneros wines were spicier than Artesa, but still I didn't really care for any of the three. Sadly, the $15 cheese platter was more exciting than their wines.
Domaine Carneros
Oh, I found out their wine is certified organic...too bad that they didn't labeled it big on their menu otherwise Nat would have drank the wine..

When you're done, you have to go inside and pay for your wine tasting/ cheese, which I felt it to be a bit odd.
Domaine Carneros
I am becoming more aware that I do not like wines from the Napa Valley...

Address: 1240 Duhig Rd, Napa, CA 94559
Phone#:(707) 257-0101
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails