Monday, March 15, 2010

Alice's Breakfast in the Park

When you live in Los Angeles, you learned to hate driving--especially in traffic, so when my out-of-town friend was staying at a hotel in smack-dab Disney hell, I knew I had to make the most of the trip and didn't want to take her to some touristy eatery yet I was tired of driving so I thought the Hacienda Tivoli Terrace would have been a perfect place but to our bad luck it was closed. Well, I guess it was a blessing because I ended driving more to Alice's Breakfast in the Park.
-3
Alice's Breakfast joint is actually in a park. The scenery is beautiful --a big lake with lots of ducks!
-2
I had thought the theme would be like "Alice in Wonderland," but it's actually named after Alice Gustafson the owner for the past twenty-some years, and it was more like dining at a thrift store...they sold old tin cans, bird cages, and random knickknacks.
-1
Alice's Breakfast in the Park is known for their bake goods. I knew we had to order their famous cinnamon bun. Isn't it beautiful?
-5
The bun was right out of the oven and it just melt in our mouth. We decide to go with the eggs Benedict since the waitress recommended it. Occasionally I have a habit of quickly glancing at the menu and not reading the ingredients carefully...so I was surprised that there was cheese in the eggs Benedict.
-4
The hollandaise sauce only had the correct color of a hollandaise sauce and not the taste--in fact, it had no taste, making the eggs Benedict taste more like a hot ham & cheese sandwich. I loved their thinly sliced home fries. I think I'm on the path of gaining 10lbs before my friend's wedding instead of losing 10lbs...oye. Nonetheless, I am happy to see my friend and dine at Alice's Breakfast in the Park before they close down.

Address: 6622 Lakeview Dr., Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Contact#: (714) 848-0690
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails