Thursday, February 5, 2009

TASTE

Thank you Dine LA Week!

My fellow co-workers and I stuffed ourselves silly the other day at Taste. Super Jen and I split the White Truffle Oil and Mushroom Mac & Cheese and the Grilled Artichoke.
DSC05743
The Mac & Cheese could have had a stronger mushroom flavor, but it was still delicious and VERY filling. Artichoke was perfectly cooked -sauce went well.
DSC05742

Big D and I split the Kobe Beef Cheese Burger & Fries and the Blackened Salmon Salad.
DSC05744
I love their fries! Super Jen thought her medium well burger was a bit too red, but ours was cooked right--medium. I still can't tell the difference between "Kobe" Beef and regular beef...I love the sweet caramelized onions that came with the burger.
DSC05745
The Blackened Salmon Salad was yummy -just ask for the dressing on the side...

We were annoyed that their dessert menu did not match the on-line menu. Our options were Chocolate Mousse, Lemon Tart, and Ice Cream. It's a no brainer; we all went for the Chocolate Mousse.
DSC05746
I was hoping to compare their Chocolate Brioche Bread Pudding with Comme Ce's, and the Chocolate Decadence sounds divine. My colleague wanted to try the Tres Leches Flan. Poo poo. There was nothing spectacular with the Mousse. Rats.

Our waiter was great; he didn't mind splitting the bill with 3 different credit cards. They did not wipe the table before dessert...

Nonetheless, Taste tastes great, and I will definitely be back to try their brunch!

p.s. I personally wouldn't dine here with more than 6 people; the space is much smaller ...


Address: 8454 Melrose Ave West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone#: (323) 852-6888
Rating: 4 out of 5






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails