Monday, February 23, 2009

Sky's Gourmet Tacos

DSC07206

My longest wait time for tacos...

Sky's Gourmet Tacos
(SGT) had the opposite problem of The Foundry On Melrose--great food but terrible service. To clarify, the staffs weren't rude and the owner was very affable, but OMG, the wait time was r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s! Now granted I was here for a food event, but SGT knew that we were coming. To make it more upsetting the owner had arranged a special area for to eat where there were lights but no one told us…so we ate in pitched black night (ok, there were a few small candles around, but they didn’t’ helped).

That said Diana and I ordered @

7:40PM: We paid for our order at the counter.

8:20PM: We rec'd our chips, salsa and guacamole and (1) large Sorrell Lemonade. The chips, salsa and guacamole were delicious. Chips were thick. Salsa and Guac - fresh. The Sorrell Lemonade on the other hand was disgusting! It was so sweet! I poured 12 ounces of water to dilute the sweetness and still tasted gross. Lemonade was very sour as if the lemons were bad... We were told that dark rum goes well with the Sorrell lemonade... They don't have dark rum, so you'll have to try the drink at home or BYOR. I don't plan on trying that cocktail.
DSC05963

8:30PM (What!? 50 MINUTES LATER!? FOR TACOS!?): We rec'd our (8) tacos:

Order from best to shit (sorry, my camera’s battery died quickly…):

Steak Angus taco - EXCELLENT, worth the $5/taco
DSC07208
Tilapia taco - flavorful

Beef taco - Ground beef...but still tasty

Mahi taco - very light
DSC07213
Chicken taco -Good but Diana felt that it was too salty...I must have ate all the toppings with the taco to disguise the salty chicken?

Turkey taco - Ground turkey - not bad

Salmon taco -- Yuck! Do yourself a favor and don't order the salmon taco unless you like fishy salmon.

**Shrimp taco - I'm allergic to shrimp, but my friend confirmed that that their shrimp taco is delicious. The salmon taco was the only one that's inedible. Portions are bigger than those tacos trucks, and be sure to have lots of napkins -gets pretty messy. Our total was $40 some dollars, which to me is pricey...nonetheless, I will be back for the Steak Angus and Tilapia tacos.


Address: 5408 W Pico Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90019
Phone#: (323) 932-6253
Share Share

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you go here awhile ago, or did you just go back? Either way I love tacos! Best Fish Taco in Ensenada next time? I want to try Ricky's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shh...this is my diary. how else am i going to remember what i did for the day? you should go on minty's fish taco crawl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails