Wednesday, February 4, 2009

ITACHO JAPANESE RESTAURANT

Celebrities' sightings do not guarantee good food...

My colleague was craving sushi the other day, and since Itacho Japanese Restaurant was participating in LA Dine Week, we were like, let's try them out...oye.

Even though their prefix menu only costs $16, it really wasn't a bargain--sizes were small and quality was poor. We started off with the Spicy Yellowtail Crispy Rice.
DSC05740
Please don't let the picture fool you. The dish tasted like it was premade hours ago. The rice was not as warm as I had hope to be and it was really chewy...at least it wasn't oily.
DSC05741
The yellow tail tasted the most fresh. The Spicy Tuna roll and the Albacore were disappointing. There's no way that tuna and albacore were fresh. If so...I don't know... Each piece of the Spicy Tuna was about an inch--yeah, small. I ordered an eel avocado cut roll for fear of starving, and that was a mistake -it was gross.

Luckily they serve good Green Tea Ice Cream (not too sweet); otherwise, I was going to be mad as hell and I wasn't going take it anymore! My total came out to $27 (including tip) -pretty pricey for a bad lunch.

Sorry, I don't understand what all the rave is, but then again, Itacho might be a place for Japanese food only and not sushi.

Address: 7311 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036
Phone#: (323) 938-9009
Rating: 2 out of 5




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails