Monday, December 1, 2008

TIARA CAFE

I wanted to wear one of my tiaras at the Tiara Cafe.

Yes, I really do own a tiara; it's all the pageants I've won. I'm kidding about being in pageants. I was Holly Golightly one year. Anyhoo, before I go to the deep end...I had brunch with a friend over the weekend. I had tried coming here earlier this year, but they decided to close early, so call beforehand.
The interior is absolutely adorable. Think Lily Allen's "It's Not Me, It's You" music video --dreamy. It's divided into two spaces. On one side you have the cafe with a zillion Japanese Pop toys starring at you, which is cool, yet weird and creepy, but then again, I collect snow globes. You have the restaurant on the other side. Sadly the waitress wasn't wearing a tiara. On to the important stuff: the food!
I ordered the Poachers aka Eggs Benedict w/ prosciutto, tomato & hash brown Here's a close-up on the prosciutto, tomato & hash brown: I give it a 5-star on presentation, and a 3-star for taste. The Hollandaise sauce needed a kick of lemon. The prosciutto was good. Oh, I wanted ham but the waitress said that they don't have ham...even though it's noted on the menu... the hash brown was crispy, but soggy...
Service was meh. It was funny how the busboy asked us if we wanted coffee and he never came back to refill our cup...oh, when our waitress brought out our coffee, a strand of hair was in my coffee...luckily, I was kind of tired. I complain less when I'm tired.
There's a parking lot next door and you get a discount with validation...don't know how much as I parked on the street.
Well, I can remove this restaurant off my bookmark list. Peace.


Address: 127 E 9th St Los Angeles, CA 90015
Phone#: (213) 623-3663
Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails