Sunday, December 28, 2008

FRANK'S FAMOUS KITCHEN & BAKERY

I hated living in San Francisco, but one of the things that I do missed about SF was walking down Chestnut and ordering a Dutch Crunch sandwich from Lucca Delicatessen.

I began my quest to find a deli shop that offers Dutch Crunch bread in La La Land. To my surprise, searching for Dutch Crunch bread is like finding a four-leaf clover. I read that Togo's offer Dutch Crunch bread on a certain day...but that's not what I was thinking off..I got all excited when I found out that Frank's Famous Kitchen & Bakery offers Dutch Crunch sandwiches in Monrovia, which is in between Glendale and Pasadena.

I got lost finding this place but it was my fault...there are two Verdugo exits on the 2 freeway: one's near Eagle Rock (the 1st exit) and one's by the 210 freeway (the 2nd exit)...take the 2nd Verdugo exit.

Frank's in a small strip mall with a bunch of other restaurants. The interior is cute. Service is like Alcove --pay at the cashier and you take a number stand with you.

I ordered...

1/2 order of #34 Turkey Club- Swiss, Bacon & Maple Balsamic Sandwich on Dutch Crunch Bread-$6.99
DSC05285
and the close up...
DSC05286

1/2 order of #2 Turkey, Pesto & Cranberry Sandwich on Dutch Crunch Bread -$6.99
DSC05287

Kid size of Housemade Macaroni & Cheese - $3.99
DSC05284

The 1/2 sandwiches look like they were 3" long, but technically 4" long and at a price of $6.99/each is a little pricey...no sides, just the sandwich. I was disappointed with their Dutch Crunch bread; I miss SF's Dutch Crunch bread! A regular Mac & Cheese costs $8.99, but there was no way with all that food I can order a full size, but thank goodness they offer a kid size...well kinda.. for $3.50, I thought their m&c would be to die for, but it's not. Yes, it's very creamy but it has absolutely zero personality--Krafts is better. Save some money and skip their m&c. They offer Dirty potato chips and 2 flavors of Gus sodas.

Oh swell, it's a pretty drive and you can check out Monrovia.

Address: 3315 N Verdugo Rd Glendale, CA 91208
Phone#: (818) 249-6100
Rating: 3.5 out of 5



Addendum 4/16/09: Whole sandwhiches are $6.99 and half sandwiches are now $4.99.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails