Thursday, May 13, 2010

Park’s Barbeque

Park's BBQ
Park’s BBQ was on my friend and former colleague’s Leeanne’s “must dine again before I move to Switzerland” list, so Cat and I had our last supper with her last night. It was my first time dining at the restaurant, and I was excited because Park’s BBQ was the best at the Korean BBQ Festival last year. I was surprised that the interior is modern and clean, because it’s at a strip mall in the dirty part of K-town. There’s only valet parking but you can find metered parking or bike it like I did.

Park’s BBQ uses charcoal for their grilling so that was a plus.
Park's BBQ
Their banchans could have been better..
Park's BBQ
Park's BBQ
Fried tofu
Park's BBQ
Japchae
Park's BBQ
Cat was famished so she ordered for us. We had the Kalbi (short ribs w/ bones and w/out bones).
Park's BBQ
I love their meat; it’s top quality--that's the difference when you go to a non-all-you-can-eat KBBQ restaurant. I just wished they had the salt and sesame oil sauce at Chosun Galbee. We also had their beef short rib soup. It’s so good! I think I’ll substitute chicken noodle soup for their beef short rib soup the next time I’m sick.
Park's BBQ
Lastly Cat ordered the buckwheat noodles with cold broth since Leeanne has never had buckwheat noodles. It was ok; honestly, I don’t care for buckwheat noodles.
Park's BBQ
We were quite full and trying to save room for desserts so we only had half of it. I thought our waitress would have packed it to go but instead she threw it away! Unbelievable! Does she know how many starving people there are in this world? I was about to argue with the waitress but since Cat didn’t and was offering to pay for our meal, I let it go. I’ll be sure to instruct the waitress the next time I’m here.

Address: 955 S. Vermont Avenue, LA, CA 90006
Phone#: (213) 380-1717
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails