Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oaks Gourmet

I have a new crush, and it’s the Oaks Gourmet.

I worked up a big appetite after helping out at LA Youth Network for Big Sunday, I figured the Oaks Gourmet was the perfect place to fill up. It’s located in the Beachwood Canyon area. They have a tiny, tiny parking lot. I picked the Oaks Gourmet because their burger is popular. The Oaks Gourmet sells fancy food and wine. I wanted to buy everything in the store. Instead I focused on my mission: the Dry Aged Burger, the only kind of burger they offer. You order at the counter and then grab a seat inside or outside.
The Oaks Gourmet
It comes with Taleggio cheese, red onion, tomato, arugula, Forest bacon and smoked jalapeño-pineapple compote on a brioche bun. It was delicious! I really liked the jalapeño-pineapple compote; it wasn’t spicy. This is my 2nd favorite burger in Los Angeles, right behind 25 Degrees (Father’s Office’s burger is in its own league), and it doesn't come cheap...$11.50 or with French fries. Cole slaw is your only option. It's not bad--not heavy on the Mayo.
The Oaks Gourmet
To wash the burger down I grabbed a 3D Pomegranate tea. I wanted to feel the pomegranate tea in my tummy…I wonder if that’s going to be new food marketing trend? First it was “organic,” then it was “gourmet,” and now it’s 3D?
The Oaks Gourmet
I have to come back and try their other sandwiches and pizzas. I bought Maw ‘n Paw Kettlekorn as gift for friend. How cute is that? Oh, must go back for bacon cheddar popcorn…
The Oaks Gourmet
Come and have a 3D organic, gourmet burger! You won’t regret it!

By the way LA Youth Network house homeless teens and is always looking for volunteers, from tutoring to playing games. Please help ‘em out if you can, thanks!

Address: 1915 N. Bronson, LA, CA 90068
Phone#: (323) 871-8894
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails