Sunday, May 9, 2010

Langer's Delicatessen & Restaurant

I learned something very valuable the other day. No matter how far you have to run the next day, do not drink the night before.

It was the night before the Revlon 5K, and I decided to check out art exhibit opening at Rivera & Rivera…and few cocktails to justify taking the subway. I had the Cuban Society at Glance located at the JW Marriott LA Live, and it was such a good drink that I had to have another one…hey, I took myself out on a date.
JW Marriot - DTLA
By the way, for the men who are picking up on women at bars, please don’t do the stupid tap on the shoulder trick, especially when she’s on the cell phone. It’s not cute.

I didn’t have a hang over but I’ll admit I was roughing it a bit for the 5K. For some reason just because you’ve done a marathon, you think a 5K is a walk in the park –not really if you’ve had three drinks…

Start:
Revlon 5K
Finish:
Revlon 5K
Needless to say, I survived and I was starving afterwards. I didn’t have breakfast—another no, no. Langer's Delicatessen & Restaurant was the answer to my hunger pangs.
Langer's Delicatessen-Restaurant
I ordered breakfast…
Langer's Delicatessen-Restaurant
…and then lunch. I of course could not have gone to Langer’s and not order the world’s most famous pastrami sandwich, Al Langer’s #19: “hot pastrami, cole slaw, a slice of Swiss cheese and Russian dressing on hot rye.”
Langer's Delicatessen-Restaurant
Now the pastrami sandwich is not cheap (almost $15!) but it’s definitely worth it. It was delicious! It amazes me that this sandwich that was created in the 1950s-60s is just as famous and popular as today. Do not miss out!

Address: 704 South Alvarado St, LA, CA 90057
Phone#: (213) 483-8050
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails