Monday, May 3, 2010

Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery

I finally met the Godmother on Sunday.

The godmother is the most talked about sandwich in Los Angeles, and you find her at Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery, the busiest deli I’ve ever been to. I got there just after 11AM right before chaos started and lucked out on parking. Everyone in town was heading to Bay Cities for lunch….first off Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery is a cute Italian grocery store. You have all the ingredients there to make a killer Italian dinner.
2010-05-02 11.50.44
I have to go back and hang out in the other aisles. There was already a long line. I grabbed a ticket; I was #130 and they were at #87…thank God they already had a basket full of the Godmothers!

I can see why the sandwich is called the Godmother. It had every deli meat you could think of: Genoa salami, mortadella, coppacola, ham, prosciutto, provolone with the works, mild peppers, on freshly baked bread.
Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery

Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery
She was amazing. I can see why thousands go to see her. I have to say Bay Cities’ bread is what really makes the Godmother scrumptious. It reminds me of Dutch Crunch bread.

I also ordered a Little Giovanni (think that’s the name..). A prosciutto, mozzarella with marinated tomatoes baguette. It’s about 4” long and cost a couple bucks more than the Godmother but so worth it.
Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery

Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery
I had a Rieme’s pomegranate limonade.
Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery
It was the perfect meal to start the week.

Address: 11517 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone#: (310) 395-8279
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails