Friday, August 29, 2008

SUSHI & KUSHI IMAI

It's was really tough giving Sushi & Kushi IMAI a 4-STAR as their service was T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E, but their sushi is the best walking distance from my work.

I headed over their for lunch around 2-ish last Thursday, and there were 5 uncleaned tables. For a second, I thought there was only 1 waitress but turns out that there were 3. I highly suggest them to hire a busboy --it makes a huge difference.

They have good lunch deals. $11 gets you miso, rice, vegetable (usually 3 pieces like broccoli), salad (comes with the yummy Japanese dressing) and two "sushi" options. I opted for the sashimi (2 salmon & 3 tuna, fresh), and a spicy tuna roll (ok). It took me awhile to get my entree. The girl who sat next to me got her ice green tea towards the end of her meal. I don't know if the restaurant is seriously understaff or if they just have bad servers...

Anyhoo, I was listening to one of the chefs explaining their special fish for a limited time, the Wild White King Salmon - about how it was recently discovered because the Eskimos kept it a secret cuz it was so good, and how that fish costs 3x's more than other salmon. Well now...I think I'm going to have to try some Wild White King Salmon sushi ($6.95 -I think.. the sashimi was $16.95). WOW! HOLY COW! It's so good! None of the fishy salmon taste. It tasted like a rich buttery albacore -to me. I've got to get me some more Wild White King Salmon and so should you!


***Update 9/3/08

I went back there the other day and it was cleaner. Can you guess why I went back so soon? You got it, for their Wild White King Salmon! Their unagi and avocado roll is ok.

***Update 12/5/08

We treated our intern to sushi on his last day. The cod lunch special was excellent, and the portion was a good size too. Sushi & Kushi Imai has the best lunch deals in the Miracle Mile/Beverly Center area. $11 for entree, soup, rice, salad, vegetables, and fruit!! How can you not love Sushi & Kushi Imai!

I'll have to come back and try the poggy sushi, parrot sushi, flying fish sushi, and baracuda sushi.

Address: 8300 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Phone#: (323) 655-2253
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails