Thursday, August 21, 2008

GUELAGUETZA RESTAURANT


I don't want to be mean and give Guelaguetza a 2 since it was my first time having Oaxacan food, so I'm giving it a 3.

I like to play it safe when I try a new cuisine (no thank you on the crickets!I didn't see the crickets on the menu, but there was young goat meat...). I had their famous pollo banana-leaf tamales. I wasn't expecting their tamales to look so rubbery...and their mole sauce was surprisingly sweet....let's just say it was foreign to me....and the best part of the meal was the rice and beans.

Their horchata was not bad; I like the cantelope touch -not so sure about the nuts. I also tried their Champurrado (drink made from atole blanco and oaxan chocolate) which tasted like Chinese rice soup--basically tasteless (DON'T ORDER IT).

Good service. Clean. You can watch Spanish soap opera or the hipsters heading to the R bar.

Address: 3014 W Olympic Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90006
Phone#: (213) 427-0608
Rating: 3 out of 5

Photo credit: Nancy Y. (top) & Lydia C (bottom)







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails