Saturday, August 16, 2008

FUNNEL MILL RARE COFFEE & TEA

We checked out Funnel Mill on the weekend of the disappointing GLOW show (I'm behind on my yelping...). Shaz raved about this place, "Funnel Mill is the best coffee shop ever!" so of course we had to check it out. Now, I'm not a "real" coffee drinker; I can't drink black coffee --must have some kind of sweetener, so I had the chocolate latte. The aroma was misleading; smelled like rich chocolate but tasted like a hint of dark chocolate-- nonetheless, not bad.

B had the $10 Kona and then....the $65 Kopi Luwak. We watched the Bucket List earlier, so B indulged and checked the K.L. off of his list. I took a few sips, so I too can also check drinking coffee beans that was shitted out by a mammal off my list. It was not bad. Uber dark roasted beans. I believe Kopi Luwak has 3x's the caffeine of an espresso, so if you need to wake up and have $65 to blow, get a K.L. Oh, you get a Kopi Luwak members mug with the drink.

My favorite part of F.M. was watching them make the coffee. The baristas are like scientists.

In a nutshell, if you're a coffee connoisseur, you HAVE to come here.

Address: 930 Broadway Ste A Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone#: (310) 597-4395
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails