Friday, February 8, 2008

DIN TAI FUNG DUMPLING HOUSE

I love dumplings! I can eat them in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening. And I love Din Tai Fung dumplings!

My Maryland aunt decided to give me a call at 6AM yesterday, and checked if I wanted to have dinner as she happened to be in La La Land. Since it was Chinese New Year, I wanted to take her to a nice Chinese restaurant. I mean I couldn't take her to a crappy restaurant near the LAX when there are so many Chinese people living in the city, there must be plenty of good Chinese restaurants, and it's just weird not eating Chinese food on Chinese New Year.

I drove two hours from my work to her hotel to Din Tai Fung (I got lost a couple of times). As I was nearing Arcadia, I am thinking, D.T.F. better have f-ing good dumplings, and they have f-ing good dumplings! The steamed pork dumplings were juicy and yummy as everyone said so. When I was in Taiwan over the winter break, my Taiwan aunt explained you can easily tell if you're eating good steam pork dumplings by the taste of the juice. As you place the dumpling in your mouth, you break the skin a little and suck the juice in, and then you dip the dumpling in soy sauce and eat it. I also highly recommend their pork and glutinous rice shaomai and any vegetable dishes (you have to ask the waiter).

The only problem that I had with D.T.F. was that I had to ask the waiter three times to bring us tea (they flew back to China to buy some more tea).

Address: 1108 S Baldwin Ave Arcadia, CA 91007
Phone#: (626) 574-7068
Rating: 4 out of 5

Photos credit: Eileen T

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails