Tuesday, February 5, 2008

ALL' ANGELO

Since this is the last LA Dine week, I figured I should try as many restaurants as possible. For those who are unfamilar with LA Dine week, participating restaruants offer low prix fix menus. All' Angelo was my first pick as it's one of the few participating restaurants that is highly rated and on the $$$$side.

My boss and I went there yesterday, and I was shocked that it was dead--now I know why it's participating in LA Dine week, yeah...Melrose is not really a fancy lunch area....good news for us! Easy parking and no waiting!

I love cauliflower so I opted for the Timbale of Cauliflower with Mascarpone Sauce as my appetizer. Yum! It was so rich--thank goodness I order the the light Oven-baked Black Cod, Porcini Mushroom Sauce and Sauteed Rapini as my entree. I was hoping that their cod would blow me away...but cod is cod and very diffcult to make the bland fish flavorful. Nonetheless, the mushroom helped add some flavor to the fish. I finished off my meal with a Panna Cotta with Blueberries and Aged Balsamic Vinegar and a bite of my boss' dessert, the Meyer Lemon and Polenta Pudding with Lemon Sabayon.

Address: 7166 Melrose AveLos Angeles, CA 90046
Phone#: (323) 933-9540
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails