Thursday, October 9, 2008

HIROZEN

Hirozen is one of my boss' favorite sushi/Japanese restaurants, and he's a vegetarian. The boss has taken me here a couple times, and I have to say their sushi is pretty good (well, depending what you order..). Since the boss was gone, I decided to treat myself and headed to Hirozen for lunch the other day.

I ordered the never disappointed eel avocado roll (however, had a run-in with the chef. he told me that I ordered eel cucumber instead. puullease, I never order e.c. roll) for $4.80, and of course their yummy spicy tuna hand roll for $3.80 but not quite Noshi Sushi's orgasmic s.t.. I was feeling adventurous and tried their Blue Fin Tuna sushi and their Saba (Japanese Mackerel) sushi (OK, so I didn't go crazy...). I was hugely disappointed with the Blue Fin Tuna, which was my first time, and for $8.50, it was the blandest thing I ever had at a sushi restaurant. Now it could be just me and that's what Blue Fin Tuna taste like...but geez if it's tasteless, how can you charge $8.50 for 2 pieces? The Saba was quite the opposite...oh, you most certainly can taste that it's fish...a bit too much for me. I should have ordered the albacore sushi instead...next time.

P.S. I don't think it's good for groups cuz it's so small --well at least no parties over 6.

Address: 8385 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone#: (323) 653-0470
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails