Monday, October 6, 2008

BLUE DAHLIA CAFE

Hmm...guess I should have ordered the burger even if I wasn't in the mood for burgers...

Tonight was one of those nights where you're driving forever trying to figure out what to eat. We head to Philippe's for its 100th Birthday around 7pm, but woahhhh that line was a bit too long for us. So we find ourselves in Chinatown which bf made a quick pass on Chinese. I recalled reading reviews on the Tiara Cafe, so we headed there just to find out that it was closed...even thought it's supposed to be open from 5:30pm-10pm on Mondays. And then I remembered the good reviews at Blue Dahlia Cafe. The restaurant was deserted in the front --we were worried that it was closed too, but then I remembered the photos of the back patio and was hoping patrons were in the back...yes, we weren't the only people there.

We ordered the Quattro Panini, Mozzarella, Basil Pesto & Peperonata Panini, and the Prosciutto & fig bruschetta. The paninis came with salad. The Paninis were ok -- no wow factor like Froma's paninis.
I think there was only one waiter there (he was also the bus boy) and the problem with that is s/he needs to be always in the front and act as a Host as well (I wonder if he was also the chef...), consequently making the service slow, lacking attention --like when our water/ice tea should been refilled.

I won't be coming back any time soon unless I am in mood to try their hamburger.

Address: 738 E 3rd StLos Angeles, CA 90013
Phone#:(213) 613-0621
Rating: 2.7 out of 5

Photo credits: Soo L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails