Saturday, September 12, 2009

Opus Restaurant

My day continued to be hell. I met up with our Canadian publicists and our dysfunctional publicist, working on all my guest lists, preparing the tickets, blah, blah, blah. Time flies by really fast when you're running around with your head cut off, and the next thing I knew my stomach was telling me that it was 9PM. Being in unfamiliar territory, our Canadian distributor, Shawn recommended Opus Restaurant, and I am happy that we have the same taste.
DSC08766
Opus Restaurant is in a cute brownstone building. Upon entering, there's a small bar area to the left and then you walk all the way in the back where the main dining area is. They also have an outdoor eating area. Opus is a very nice restaurant. Everyone was dressed elegantly, as I lugged my TIFF bags, looking all disheveled, I got a few stares...but hell I didn't care.

I started off with the sauté of mushrooms with garlic, herbs and tomato.
Opus' Sauté of mushrooms with garlic, herbs and tomato
It was fabulous. They used lots of butter.
Opus' Canadian striploin with truffled vegetables and fine herbes jus
I ordered the Canadian striploin with truffled vegetables and fine herbes jus since Shawn highly recommended it. Again, another delicious dish--tender and juicy!
Opus' Canadian striploin with truffled vegetables and fine herbes jus
And to finish my meal I ordered the dark chocolate molten cake and caramelized banana with kalamansi sorbet.
Opus' Dark chocolate molten cake and caramelized banana with kalamansi sorbet
The table next to me was jealous that I ordered the chocolate molten cake. I was in heaven at the end of meal. I shocked myself and finished everything--well part of me, felt I had to since my meal cost US$100 (not including dessert - Shawn surprised me and paid for it)! If money is not a concern, definitely try Opus!

Address: 37 Prince Arthur Ave, Toronto, ON M5R 1B2
Phone#: (416) 921-3105
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails