Saturday, September 12, 2009

Park Hyatt Toronto: the 18th Floor Roof Lounge


This review is only for the Park Hyatt Toronto’s 18th floor roof lounge.

The last time I was here was in 2006 when I decided to “pop” by in Toronto and say hello to my sister when I was driving cross-country. I was virtually in Canada for twenty-six hours before heading down to Chicago. My sister told me that the Park Hyatt’s roof lounge bar have the best view of the city. As you can see, she was right and it was a gorgeous day in Toronto. I downed my pinot grigio and headed back to the States.

I wished my next visit to the Hyatt was under more relaxing situation but it wasn’t. In fact it was more hectic. The roof lounge was literally my office while I was in Toronto...I am really thankful that the staff didn't gave me any attitude for staying there f-o-r-e-v-e-r.....well that was until 6pm rolled around and then they wanted me to leave...but I tried to make up for it by ordering food and drinks.

The bar is cozy and has a small outdoor patio, which circles around the building. Oh if you’re meeting people be sure not confuse them with the Hyatt Regency Toronto…and this is the only bar on the 18th floor.

The bartender makes a mean Caesar --my new hangover drink. I hate Bloody Mary but for some reason, I can handle a Caesar.
Park Hyatt Toronto

As I was working away, waiting or yelling at people, I ordered a few dishes to calm my nerves…

The salmon wrapped around a breadstick:
Park Hyatt Toronto

The tuna tapas:
DSC08769
The tuna was better than the salmon.

Their ice coffee is coffee over ice. OJ is not freshly squeezed. I discovered that in Canada they only make their burgers well done due to a mad cow outbreak --I think, so I went for their club sandwich w/ fries.
DSC08831
There was nothing special about the sandwich, but I had to pay for the office space somehow...waitresses were nice.

Overall, I had a good experience, and their cocktail drinks made up for their mediocre food. During TIFF, you will definitely see a recognizable star everyday so be sure to drop by.

Address: 4 Avenue Rd, Toronto, ON M5R 2E8
Phone#: (416) 925-1234
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails