Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ultra Supper Club

Ultra Restaurant
We had our last dinner/after party at the Ultra Supper Club. It’s a medium size restaurant/club.
Ultra Restaurant
There’s a small outdoor area on street level. The rooftop bar is more spacious.
Ultra Restaurant
We had split the restaurant in halves –regulars:
Ultra Restaurant
and VIPs
Ultra Restaurant
As I was waiting for the talents to arrive , I snacked on a mini slider…
Ultra Restaurant
and spicy tuna tartar on a sesame cracker..
Ultra Restaurant
There was nothing significant about their mini slider or spicy tuna tartar but they did their jobs—stopped my stomach from grumbling. Since this was my last event at TIFF, I chillaxed and actually sat down and ate with the group! Table was set with their “bread” crackers.
Ultra Restaurant
For starters there were the Lobster Lemon Grass Soup with Crispy Shrimp Spring Roll
Ultra Restaurant
I didn’t sampled that since I’m allergic to shrimp. No one nearby me had the
Asian Mustard Greens Salad (asparagus, sesame cracker, radish, yuzu miso vinaigrette). I had ordered the Warm Shimiji Mushroom Salad (sautéed mushrooms, arugula, endive, crispy eggplant chips, lemon miso vinaigrette) and loved it! I think this was my favorite dish of the entire meal...?
Ultra Restaurant
Of course I skipped the crispy eggplant chips. For the main dishes, there was the
Roast Breast of Chicken (filled with walnuts, gorgonzola and proscuitto,
Jerusalem artichoke risotto & oven dried tomatoes)….
Ultra Restaurant
the King Oyster Mushroom “faux gras” (seared king oyster mushrooms, truffle pecorinio risotto, cippolini, aged balsamic)…
Ultra Restaurant
Grilled 12 oz Sterling Silver Striploin (jalapeno garlic butter, frites with herb mayo)..
Ultra Restaurant
and I decided to switch it up and ordered the Miso Glazed Black Cod
(crispy sushi rice, baby turnips, warm bok choy black bean salad)..
Ultra Restaurant
The miso cod was ok -- not like Nobu’s. I didn’t get a chance to try the other entrees as I was sitting with people who I’d just met…didn’t want to come off too weird…”Let me take a picture of your food and let eat it too.” Hum. For dessert, I went for the Fluffy Milk Chocolate Mousse (dark chocolate, raspberry, caramel) instead of the Roasted Upside Down Pear Cake with three milk sauces.
Ultra Restaurant
The mousse was ok. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate.
Ultra Restaurant
Now you may be wondering where the raspberry was…as I certainly was. It was really tough taking a bite out of the top chocolate ball, that when I did, raspberry sauce just poured out, landing on my arm, table, etc. My arm/ hand looked like Carrie’s. The horror. It was very amusing for the people who sat near me.

Despite the sub-par food, I had a lot of fun at Ultra. This joint is really for the nightlife if you want to be in a glitzy atmosphere--not for dinner.

Address: 314 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 2A2, Canada
Phone#: (416) 263-0330‎
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails