Tuesday, May 13, 2008

PANDA INN

I had dinner here last night and didn't realize that Panda Express had a restaurant...I would have much preferred the Express as service was on the uber slow side (our waiter was the chef -I'm just joking). We had the steamed veg dumpling (ok), orange chicken (ok), and the pan fried noodles (read below) and were there about 1.5 hrs. I thought Chinese restaurants were all about fast turn arounds...

I had a problem ordering the pan fried noodles as there are two kinds of pan fried noodles; there's the Hong Kong style and the Cantonese style. I wanted the HK version. There was a communication problem with the waiter; I probably should have spoken in Chinese but I didn't want to assume just because I'm in a Chinese restaurant that all the workers know Chinese...I had asked the waiter 3 times if their noodles were HK or C and each time he responded, "Uh...top part crunchy and soft on bottom." It was an accurate description, but now I know to ask the thickness of the noodle...oh and we had ordered beef pan fried noodles, but got chicken instead.

Address: 111 E Wilson Ave Glendale, CA 91206
Phone#: (818) 502-1234
Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails