Sunday, May 3, 2009

HENNESSEY'S TAVERN

DSC07349
There is nothing better than a nice, greasy cheeseburger after getting a 2:30 time in the OC Half Marathon. I tagged along with my cousin and her friends to Hennessey’s Tavern in Dana Point to celebrate a colleague’s birthday, not me completing my first half marathon. The birthday boy turned 50, so I guess I shouldn’t be selfish… Apparently Hennessey’s Tavern is a chained bar/restaurant –no wonder why it sounded familiar, I’ve been to the Hermosa Beach for brunch, and it looks the same—an Irish pub.

The tavern was jammed back, everyone sipping on Bloody Maries or piss water. I’m lame and opted for H2O –just because you do a half marathon doesn’t mean you want to get shit face; I might when I finish the LA Marathon. A band was rocking away outside.

They had a nice eggs Benedict list, but my instinct was not to order ‘em at an Irish bar/restaurant. Although I think I ordered it last time, but I don’t remember if the E.B. was good as I was nursing a hang over.
DSC07351
I ordered the regular cheeseburger with guacamole. Since I was famished, the cheeseburger tasted GREAT!
DSC07356
No seriously, it was ok. I had better; it’s bar food. Their fries and onion rings are like every other fries and onion rings.
DSC07357
I liked the spicy BBQ sauce. Their “Irish” nachos were incredibly soggy. It was a bit too greasy for what I was going for.
DSC07354
My cousin loved their Bloody Mary. I dropped an Andrew Jackson including tax and tip. I’m realizing the Irish bars are not my scene…

Address: 34111 La Plaza, Dana Point, CA 92629
Phone#: (949) 488-0121
Rating: 3.5 out of 5
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails