Tuesday, August 14, 2007

LOFT CAFE

Sorry, couldn't really give it a 4 star because the coffee is so damn expensive if you stay and the food is nothing to get all excited about--as Runt said, the turkey sandwich is just like a subway sandwich. I don't know if it's a Korean cafe thing but there are two prices -- a to go price and a stay in price. A to go price is what normal coffee costs, and a stay in price is double the cost (I've never had a free refill...but then again, I usually order a Latte or a Mocha). It's smart on their part I guess because they just want to maximize their profit without doing too much work. But come on!? $6-7 for a mocha? I can get a vodka/cran with that money. I will have to admit that their mocha is the best mocha I have had so far--not too sweet and not to bitter. The interior is great --it's a loft style --there's a 2nd floor, and the patio is cozy and cute. They have a parking lot on Serrano & 6th I believe...and they offer Sweet Lady Jane cakes - yum!

Address: 3882 West 6th StreetLos Angeles, CA 90020
Phone: (213) 383-3006
Rating: 3.8 out of 5

**Update (3/16/09): I've now accepted the fact that all coffee joints in K-Town are expensive, so I'm giving them a 4.5 out of 5 now. The parking and Wi-Fi are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails