Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ricky's Fish Tacos

Ricky's Fish Tacos has become the hottest fish taco stand in Los Angeles. The menu is pretty simple: 1) fish taco or 2) shrimp taco, and you have to stalk him on Twitter like the food trucks because he's not always at Sunset Junction.

I was excited to finally try his fish tacos before my improv class because people swore that his fish tacos are the best ever in LA. I was quite disappointed with my experience. There were about 15 people ahead of me, that by the time I got near him, I noticed that he fries the fish tacos with the shrimp tacos...I'm allergic to shrimp. Now, I don't know if deep frying in hot oil kills all shrimp flavor...but I wasn't going to take the risk. He had two fryers but only one propane, so I had to wait for the other fryer to heat up. My wait time was over one hour for two fish tacos!!!
Ricky's Fish Tacos
Now I have to admit when I ate the tacos, they were tasty but then an awful feeling stirred up in my stomach and my mouth started tingling....maybe I got so sick looking at the shrimp tacos mixed in the fish tacos that I psych myself out? In any case, I will save time and never try a Ricky's Fish Taco again.

Address: 4006 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029
Share Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails