Friday, June 6, 2008

SHIBUCHO

If you're not a regular here, they treat you like ____(negative adjective)_____. I like how they were all elitist, "we only serve authentic Japanese food here," yet they are known for pairing their "authentic" food with NoCal wine....yeah, and yeah, they don't have freakin menus. I'm fine with restaurants w/out menus but for pete's sake, can you suggest something to me???

S (Shibucho): We don't serve rolls like other restaurants.
Me: What do you mean?
S: No CA roll (that's fine, I'm allergic to crab/imitation crab) or other rolls.
Me: Yeah....tuna roll?
S: Yes, we have tuna roll.
Me: Ok, I guess we'll (with my boy) give it a try. We'll have what there having (some hamachi salad--good).
S: It's $10.
Me: Umm..ok (we can afford that), we'll have that.
Later
Me: Can I have unagi and avocado roll?
S: We don't have avocado.
Me: Cucumber?
S: YesMe: Ok...I'll have unagi and cucumber roll. Later.
Me: Can I have what they're having?
S: No. Mumble Jumble.
Me: Uhhh...ok.

My favorite part was how all the freakin tables had "reservation" signs when we arrive and not one person sat there while we were there. They had good mackerel sushi. I can check this place off the list.

Address: 3114 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90057
Phone#: (213) 387-8498
Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails