Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Apple Pan

Apple Pan
My church is finally going to start their DTLA service so my Westside trips will be scarce. I think my next trip to the Westside might not be until the Los Angeles Film Festival, so I decided to have lunch at one of Los Angeles’ historical institution: the Apple Pan. The first time I was here I couldn’t eat anything since I was on the Master Cleanse. Don’t ask. I’ve tried a few times dining here but I always forget that it’s CASH ONLY. I never have cash on me.
Apple Pan
The Apple Pan reminds me of the house in the movie UP. A sign of its time and it just doesn’t fit in with the other buildings in the neighborhood. However, the Apple Pan is a much more happening place. The set up is simple: a U-shape counter-top seating only with an old-school cash register.
Apple Pan
I had just enough cash for an ice tea and burger, so I went for their Hickory burger with Tillamook Cheddar, and it was heaven! I loved the smoky flavor, and the burger was very juicy. I can’t believe I waited this long for Apple Pan’s burger.
Apple Pan
It might be criminal for me not to try Apple Pan’s famous apple pie, but I only had a ten on me. I’ll definitely make sure to have their apple pie next time.

Address: 10801 W Pico Blvd, LA, CA 90064
Phone#: (310) 475-3585
Share Share

1 comment:

  1. I just drove by on Tuesday, and it was tooootally dead. Due to Caltech summer vacay, no doubt?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails